Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Most Memorable Books

Here are ten of my most memorable books.

  1. And Then There Were None, Agatha Christie. This was one of my first mystery books and I immediately fell in love with it. I like how secretive and odd each of the characters are and thank God for the expository at the end, or I would not like the book at all!
  2. Fahrenheit 451, Ray Bradbury. This was an interesting read. I was very interested in the twisted society and it was eye-opening to compare the fictional society in the book with the world in 2012.
  3. Macbeth, William Shakespeare. This play was the first Shakespeare play that I loved. I truly enjoyed the plot and Shakespeare's beautiful language. This was my highlight of ninth grade.
  4. The Bad Beginning and the entire Series of Unfortunate Events book series, Lemony Snicket. I began this series in third grade and it was the first book series where I read every book. I grew fond of the twisted plots and the woeful ending of each novel.
  5. Hatchet and the entire series, Gary Paulsen. I first read this book in fourth grade and I immediately fell in love with it. The adventure and suspense kept me turning each page. I have probably re-read the book three or four times.
  6. Mouse Tales, David Koenig. This book is written from the perspective of a Cast Member at Disneyland. The author exposes the true workings of the park and this book fascinated me in middle school. I loved the book so much and I never wanted it to end...I think I still have yet to read the last chapter because of the fear that the book was over!
  7. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, Agatha Christie. This was the second Agatha Christie book that I read in eighth grade. Again, I fell in love with Christie's language and mystery. 
  8. A Christmas Carol,  Charles Dickens. I read this book last winter break. I have always loved the films for A Christmas Carol and it was a joy to finally read the novel. The novel feels more like a ghost story then the films that portray it as an adventure or feel-good story.
  9. To Kill A Mockingbird, Harper Lee. This book was very inspiring and I fell in love with it immediately after I read it in eighth grade. I enjoy the many themes throughout the book and the innocent, yet complex perspective of Scout.
  10. The Miracle Worker, William Gibson. This play was very eye-opening and touching. I have always been fascinated with Helen Keller and this play really brought that story to life for me.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting assortment of titles. From Christie, Dickens and Shakespeare to Gary Paulsen and Harper Lee. I remember thinking what a great story for a young boy Paulsen had found when he wrote Hatchet. I didn't know it was a series. There are more?

    ReplyDelete