Thursday, August 30, 2012

Christopher Small - Percy Shelly and Frankenstein

1. Mary's main question to answer was what was the principle of life. This gave her her starting point
2. By name, Victor and Mary Shelly have a lot in common.
3. The Dr. Frankenstein and Shelley both had childhood struggles.

I thought this was a very interesting article. I enjoyed how Christopher Small related the author's work directly to the author. It is interesting to learn more about Mary Shelley and her background. It is valuable to learn the author's backstory when you read a novel. A writer's life can greatly effect his or her life.

2 comments:

  1. I like your first point, Garron. I think that you could have an interesting concept if you expand and explain what you believe Shelley thought the principle of life was. Overall, nice ideas continue the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I overlook the author's life story and how it relates to his or her work.... Because you brought this up I'm kind of reconsidering some of my initial interpretations. Great work!

    ReplyDelete